Legally ANYONE CAN OPERATE AS A LOCKSMITH in the UK!
There are currently NO LAWS in place relating to the locksmith industry.
Master Locksmith Association Approval Assures
- CRB Checks are made (we always have to keep them updated)
- In Depth Training and Qualifications
- We are Regularly Vetted to maintain high standards
- High Levels of quality in products, workmanship and customer service have to be maintained
- You will always have complete assurance of a highly qualified technician
The MLA was established in 1958 and is the leading UK Locksmith association. It is the recognised authoritative body for the security industry by
- Home Office
- British Standards Institute (BSI)
- Neighbourhood and Home Watch Network.
- Building Research Establishment (BRE)
- RISC Authority (formerly IPCRes, the UK property insurers’ technical group)
Non Regulated Locksmiths could have
No Qualifications, no Experience, No CRB Check (so maybe a criminal record?), resulting in shoddy workmanship (with poor quality components), high bills and general dishonesty. They may also be completely uninsured.
So choose an MLA Approved Locksmith like us!
If you are looking for a local MLA locksmith in Hampshire or Surrey (based in Farnborough and Guildford) we are fully qualified, approved and experienced in all aspects of physical security for both commercial and residential properties.